Friday, February 15, 2013

2D Design #2-Collage Cliche


Mona Lisa
18x24
Magazine pieces and glue

For this project, we were to choose one of five famous paintings and recreate it using magazines while focusing on value. We also were able to redesign it and make it our own. I really enjoyed this project for the most part. It definitely was very time consuming and a little frustrating at times, but I had fun with it. The hardest part was trying to find enough skin tones that matched each other (apparently there isn't enough pictures of models in magazines, imagine that). I wish I could have found skin tones that all matched each other, so her hands, face, and neck/chest could have matched. Overall I am happy with how it turned out.

Artist Reference:

My oh my! Check this guy out! His pieces are collages that are simply amazing! The values that he is able to achieve to create form are incredible, especially when he doesn't use solid color pieces throughout his work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment