Friday, February 22, 2013

Color Theory: Color Harmony


Color Harmony
8x8
Acrylic Paint

Now that I am finished with this assignment, I don't hate it as much. It took a lot of time and a lot of thinking, a lot of tedious painting,  and I am glad that it is finally finished. The first section (the bottom left triangle) is a pasted image of the original pattern. The second section (on the left of the image), we were to duplicate the colors from the original. Section three (top left triangle with orange) consists of the complementary colors of the original. Section four (top right triangle) is the opposite values. Section five-opposite intensity. Section six-same colors as the original again.

It learned a bunch about mixing colors and had a blast making the exact colors of the original image and I struggled with the others. If I were to ever do this project again, I would change the shape of the the six sections to make it more appealing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment