Wednesday, March 20, 2013

2D Deisgn #10-Still Life


Still Life
18x24
Acrylic Paint

How can you choose just one part of a still life that consists of tons of random and colorful objects? Believe me, it was just as hard as it sounds. :) I had a few pictures that I took with my phone and wanted to use for references, but of course that never works out the way I want it to (definitely time for a new phone!). So Lindsey (You are an angel!) saved me and was able to take a picture and email it to me. In the original photo the flowers were placed in a weaved basket (which I had full intention on painting on there). Maybe I will get  to add it in the future. I really do think that a back ground would help the painting out and make it more interesting to look at and I would also add darker shadows (add contrast) to make the flowers pop off the page. I definitely learned a lot from this painting (like painting an 18x24 piece takes much longer to paint than an 11x14)


No comments:

Post a Comment