Monday, March 18, 2013

2D Design #6-Artist's Book





Artist's Book
Used book & Black and Blue ball-point pen

I  will admit, I wasn't really excited about this assignment. But once I knew what I wanted to do, it became funner. For class we were to find/make a book and make it our own. I originally wanted to draw on the pages and then deface the book, because the thought of destroying or ruining  a book and any form of artwork just makes me cringe. Which is why is it took me a while to actually start the assignment. 

Obviously my idea evolved into something else. I decided to create poems using the words on the pages. It was definitely much harder than it sounds, but once I figured out what I was doing, I started to enjoy myself. After I had drawn on around 10 pages, I stopped cringing every time my pen touched the page. The hardest part with using the ballpoint pen was that it would wear the pages very thin and some would tear a little (I chose the book because of the type of paper that would work best with burning/defacing.  So if I were to redo this project, I'd choose a book with a different type of paper so the pen wouldn't wear the paper down as much. 

Here is some more artist's books! Take a gander.


No comments:

Post a Comment