Tuesday, April 9, 2013

2D Design #15: Learning to Love You More

Project #2:

Make an Encouraging Banner. 

Think of something encouraging you tell yourself often. For example: Everything will be okay. Or: Don't listen to them. Or:  It will all blow over. Now make a banner and hang it in a place where you or someone else who might need encouragement will see it.

Sounds easy enough, right? This was the first project that sounded fun to me. As I was working on it in class, I just got more and more excited and started making multiple banners, some big and some really small. Who doesn't like random banners with positive messages on them??? What message could I share? What can I say or write to make people smile, even if for a moment. I may or may not have gotten carried away...

I made the large banner first and then decided to make a few smaller ones to give away/hang for specific people. I had a lot of fun with this project. Because this project was designed to create a banner with certain people in mind, it makes the creator think about others, or even themselves in a positive and uplifting way.



"The Earth without Art is just "Eh"


"Believe"



"Be Happy"


"One Broccoli left. A lonely little tree in a plastic dish."

No comments:

Post a Comment