Sunday, January 26, 2014

'Wapiti" New Record for me!


"Wapiti"
14x17
Graphite Pencil

I finally finished it! And I am definitely proud. I didn't count the hours, but I worked on it over a period of six months. It is the biggest graphite drawing that I have done so far and I would love to continue doing larger pieces. They take forever though. I am definitely glad I didn't have a due date for this one. I took my time and enjoyed drawing it. I do see places where I could have done better, like adding more depth and contrast in certain areas, but overall I am very pleased with how it turned out. I also got it framed as a Christmas present from Santa, aka my mom. (Thanks, Mom!) It looks gorgeous. I am thinking about doing some smaller scale drawings similar to this and selling them, since I have had a few people that have been interested in buying. 

      


And credit goes to my BFF, Holly, for making the dream catcher for me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment